Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM on One days in advance actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 10.07.2012(commercial circular no:43 of 2012). e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM on 5th.
No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
Tatkal tickets shall be issued only on production of one of the ten prescribed proofs of identity given below:-
5.Photo identity card having serial number issued by Government.
6.Student Identity Card with photograph issued by School/College.
7.Bank Passbook with photograph.
8.Credit cards issued by banks with photograph.
10.Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies and Penchant Administration.
a. For this purpose, a self attested photo copy of the proof of identity of anyone passenger shall be attached to the requisition slip.
b. The details of the identity proof shall be captured by the system and indicated on the reserved tickets as well on the reservation chart.
c. It will not be mandatory for the passenger(s) to go to the counter to book the Tatkal ticket, however, the proof will have to be sent in the aforementioned manner.
d. During the journey, the passenger, whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket, will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket, failing which all the passengers booked on the ticket shall be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly. Indication will come on the ticket regarding carrying the same original proof of identity during the journey, as indicated on the ticket.
e. If the passenger whose identity card number is indicated on the ticket is not traveling, all other passengers booked on that ticket, if foundtraveling in train, will be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly.
- Agents / RTSAs/Web service agents/Web agents of IRCTC are restricted from the booking Tatkal tickets between 1000 hours and 1200 hours. This restriction shall be enforced through frequent inspection at the counters. The agents both web service agents and web agents shall also be restricted from booking Tatkal tickets on the internet between 1000 hours and 1200 hours.
- Even for internet booking for Tatkal tickets, the passenger shall enter the identity proof type and number, which is to be used for travel. These details shall be printed on the ERS/indicated on the VRM/MRM as well as in the reservation chart.
- It will be possible to book a maximum of only four passengers per PNR forTatkal tickets.
- The web services agents of IRCTC will be permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per train per day on the internet.
- The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under Tatkal scheme
- TDRs are not being issued for waiting list tickets.